I had a great idea this year. I decided each month Dale and I would have an 'official date'. Now, this may sound odd as Dale and I are together all the time and spend most evenings and weekends together, but 'spending time together' and a 'date' are very different to me. Spending time is casual and spontaneous, but includes less exciting things like cleaning the house, grocery shopping and watching HGTV. A date however is special. A date requires planning. A date has an element of excitement as one of you does not know what to expect. A date is just about Dale and I. We have been together over 5 years, so I think dates and surprising each other can be important, plus we all like to be treated special. So here is the plan we have agreed upon:
- Every month one of us is responsible for planning and asking the other on a date.
- We will alternate months - I have January, March, May, July, September & November, while Dale has February, April, June, August, October & December.
- You cannot plan dates on Valentine's Day, our birthdays, our anniversary, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Eve, as these are special days that will be celebrated separately.
- When planning, you can pick any day of the month for the date (except special days above), as long as the other accepts.
- When planning, you can pick any time for the date - daytime, evening, weeknight or weekend, as long as the other accepts.
- When planning, you are limited to a total of $100.00 for the date, which creates a fun challenge to create something special, but on a budget.